Electrical Repair

Electrical Repair London


As a property ages over time the electrical wiring will also deteriorate. Old wiring gets will get superseded by new materials and legislation, meaning an old property’s wiring could need replacing as it might compromise the safety of your family.

Electronic gadgets and multiple appliances are regularly added to the wiring circuitry as a family’s needs grow. The more devices added the less wall sockets are available. Enter the faithful extension plug lead (where would we be without it) to provide us with X number of extra sockets, problem solved yes, or has it?

All well and good if your fuse box is compliant with regulations and has the latest RCD protection (a device that could save lives).

When you draw off more electricity than your circuit can manage, it will overload. When this happens the circuit breaker trips out shutting off the power. Sound familiar? How many times do you visit the fuse box to reset the circuit breaker? Has it got more frequent lately?

Maybe, you’ve noticed some of the lights dimming when an appliance is turned on, are there signs of scorching on plugs or sockets, is anything warm to the touch i.e., socket or switch. Ever wondered why your sockets or plugs are buzzing or where the sound is coming from (you’ve checked the curtains and there isn’t a trapped fly or wasp in sight). Eventually, you trace it back to an outlet or switch! Old fuse boxes probably won’t have the most up to date RCD protection falling woefully short of regulations.

If this is the case then It’s time to get your circuitry checked by an electrical engineer, it could prevent a house fire and save lives!

Looking for a professional electrician (NICEIC Registered), then you’ve just landed in the right place. Greenserve Ltd is a local multi-trade company operating all across greater London, providing a high quality domestic property service to every homeowner. Our experienced and professional electricians will ensure that your project is completed to the highest standards and at the cheapest prices!

Book Now

Electrical Repair – What’s included

There are a number of major and minor problems that can occur at your home (see list). However, there’s nothing we won’t fix for you (within reason). Some of the most frequently reported electrical problems we fix include:  
  • Dips in power
  • Frequent electrical surges
  • Faulty light switches
  • Frequently tripping circuit breakers
  • Overloaded circuits
  • Lights getting too bright or too dim
  • Exposed electrical wiring
  • Low overall efficiency (high bills)
  • Light bulbs getting too hot (or simply burning out)
  • Faulty recessed light
  • Faulty circuit breaker
  • Dead outlets
  • And anything else!
Well, commercial electrical faults are generally the same as residential properties, apart from the size of some electrical appliances. However, some of the issues can be more complex relatively speaking. Some of the most common faults we deal with include:  
  • Frequent bulb burnouts
  • Flickering and dimming lights
  • Dead outlets
  • Tripping breakers
  • exposed/unprotected wiring
  • Loose connections
  • Poor electrical installation
  • Faulty wiring
  • Grounding issues
  • Poorly organized electrical panels
  • Overcrowded wiring
  • Sudden power loss
  • Hot fixtures/sparks
Unsure why you’re experiencing frequent power outages or constantly causing your electrics to trip? Our electric repair service not only includes fixing the pre-identified faults but will also diagnose the issue as quickly as possible.    There can be multiple reasons for a single problem, which can only be identified by thoroughly examining the circuitry to determine the cause of the fault, before implementing a solution.

Electrical Repair – FAQs

There can be two reasons.
  • 1. Your switch is overloaded, or
  • 2. there is something more serious related to the wiring installation in your property?
If you are concerned about a warm light switch/socket then you should contact Greenserve if it’s unduly warmer than usual.
The following are some of the major indicators you should be aware of:  
  • Hot sockets/plugs/appliances 
  • Sparking or buzzing/arcing inside a socket or plug
  • An appliances or socket etc. give a tingling sensation when touched  
  • Electrical shocks
NO, it won’t. That being said, you will need a highly experienced electrician to fix or rewire the circuit repair the issue. If you don't, the consequences can be fatal!
They include constant circuit tripping, discoloured wall plates, crackling and buzzing sockets, light fixtures or a constant plastic burning smell coming from an appliance sockets fuse box etc. If you experience any of the above then call an experienced electrician immediately! It’s better to be safe than sorry!
A good quality switch to conforming to the BS Kitemark could last for about 20 years or even longer.

Book Now

Lowest Price


greenserve-logo £70 verified
myplumber N/A
aspect £95
Pimlico_Plumbers £100
Prices based on normal working hours i.e 8pm – 5pm (Monday to Friday) Last checked on 17/11/2023
All prices are excl. VAT

Our Partners